Besiktas Interested In Signing Manchester United's Ighalo After Missing Out On MandzukicPublished: January 20, 2021
Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo is a transfer target for Turkish Super Lig giants Besiktas.
Turkish daily newspaper Sabah is reporting that Besiktas have turned their attention to other strikers after missing out on the signature of Mario Mandzukic who recently moved to AC Milan.
Ighalo is among the two Nigerian candidates being considered, along with free agent Ahmed Musa who has also been linked with Galatasaray and Başakşehir.
The stumbling block to Ighalo joining Besiktas is the player's high wages and the Istanbul club are planning to offer him an appropriate net salary and bonus payment similar to what was proposed to Mandzukic during negotiations.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer has eleven days left on his contract with Manchester United and any deal has to involve his parent club Shanghai Shenhua.
Ighalo has been linked with a move to Major League Soccer but this website understands that there is nothing concrete at the moment.
The 31-year-old fell down the pecking order of attackers at Manchester United following the signing of Edinson Cavani last October.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football