Manchester United Striker Ighalo Wanted By Real Betis But Move Is ComplicatedPublished: January 24, 2021
According to our colleagues at Spanish sports daily Estadio Deportivo, La Liga team Real Betis are interested in signing former Nigeria international Odion Ighalo in the January transfer window.
But the Manchester United's striker proposed move to Real Betis is complicated because the Andalusian outfit have lost revenue due to the coronavirus pandemic and can only sell before buying new players.
It is for that reason that Real Betis' Chilean boss Manuel Pellegrini has reiterated that he's 99.9 percent sure there won't be any new signings in the January transfer window.
Having said that, the sporting director of Real Betis, Antonio Cordón has drawn up a list of transfer targets and one name that Pellegrini likes is Ighalo.
It is believed that Ighalo's agent Atta Aneke still maintains close ties with Real Betis, having brokered the deal that took Nigeria international Nosa Igiebor to the club in August 2012.
The Shanghai Shenhua-owned striker has seen his game time limited at Manchester United this season following the arrival of Edinson Cavani, making a paltry two starts from a possible 30 in all competitions.
Ighalo previously played in the Spanish top-flight for Granada, scoring 13 goals in 73 matches, before sealing a move to Watford in 2014.
His contract with Manchester United runs out in a week's time and he is tied to parent club Shanghai Shenhua until December 2021.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football