Fulham Coach Singles Out One Nigerian Player For Praise Despite Loss To BurnleyPublished: January 24, 2021
Fulham have been knocked out of the Emirates FA Cup, losing 3-0 to Burnley at Craven Cottage on Sunday evening.
Manager Scott Parker made as many as eight changes from the narrow loss to Manchester United, with central defender Tosin Adarabioyo the only Nigeria-eligible player that retained his place.
Fit-again midfielder Josh Onomah returned to the starting lineup and gave a good account of himself despite the loss, Sylvester Jasper was left out of the squad despite training with the first team last week, Ola Aina was rested and Ademola Lookman was a non-playing substitute.
Jay Rodriguez gave Burnley the lead on the half-hour mark, then made it 2-0 from the penalty spot in the 71st minute, before Kevin Long scored a third goal for the visitors nine minutes from time.
Despite the loss, coach Parker singled out Onomah for praise, noting that the midfielder recently recovered from injury.
Asked if anyone impressed him in the loss to the Clarets, Parker said at the post-match press conference : "I thought Josh Onomah played well today, after being out for so long he came in for QPR.
"Overall I don't think there's anyone who jumped out of the page for us today".
Up next for Fulham, they face Brighton & Hove in the Premier League before another away trip to fellow strugglers West Brom.
Photo Credit : fulhamfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football