Teenage Defender Born In Abuja, Orlando City's Dike Among 10 Uncapped Players In USA SquadPublished: January 24, 2021
United States head coach Gregg Berhalter has named a 25-player roster ahead of an international friendly against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 in Orlando, with two Nigeria-eligible youngsters making the cut.
Atlanta United left back George Bello and Orlando City's Daryl Dike are among ten uncapped players selected for the camp, the others being Matt Freese, Aaron Herrera, JT Marcinkowski, Benji Michel, Andrés Perea, Mauricio Pineda, Tanner Tessmann and Matt Turner.
Born in Nigeria's capital Abuja nineteen years ago, Bello has represented the United States at U14 and U15 levels, and played two matches at the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup in Brazil.
Bello has received a maiden call-up to the USMNT following a breakout 2020 season, starting 19 matches in Major League Soccer and totaling 1,648 minutes.
Orlando City rising star Dike has earned a recall to the squad after withdrawing from the December camp due to injury.
The powerful striker comes from a footballing family, his older brother Bright Dike has played for the Super Eagles while his sister Courtney was a member of the Nigeria squad to the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup.
Ayo Akinola, who has flirted with the Canada national team in recent weeks, has been left out of the United States roster as he is nursing an injury.
The Toronto FC striker took part in USMNT's friendly against El Salvador last month, scoring the fifth goal in a 6-0 win.
Photo Credit : atlutd.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football