West Brom Boss Allardyce Confirms Interest In Super Eagles CaptainPublished: January 25, 2021
West Brom manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed that the Baggies are interested in signing free agent Ahmed Musa in the January transfer window.
West Brom have requested a UK visa for the two-time World Cupper and he's expected to arrive in the West Midlands this week for a routine medical.
With only 15 goals scored in 19 Premier League matches, Allardyce is in the market for a striker and is believed to have turned his attention to Musa as it would be difficult to sign Crystal Palace's Christian Benteke and Newcastle United's Andy Carroll in this window.
Musa's fitness will be assessed and if the striker is in good condition, he's expected to put pen to paper on a short term deal until the end of the 2020-2021 season.
Speaking to reporters at Monday's press conference ahead of the meeting with Manchester City, Allardyce replied when asked about Musa : "He’s not here yet. He’s a person of interest and when he arrives we’ll alert everybody and let them know".
Musa appeared in 33 matches across all competitions, scoring 5 goals, during an eighteen-month spell with Leicester City before he was sold to Al-Nassr after starring at the 2018 World Cup.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football