Done Deal : Ex-Man Utd Striker Ighalo Completes N1.44B Transfer To Saudi Club Al-ShababPublished: February 04, 2021
Saudi Arabian Professional Football League club Al-Shabab have officially announced the signing of former Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo following a successful medical.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer ended his association with Chinese Super League outfit Shanghai Shenhua after putting pen to paper on a two-and-a-half-year contract with Al-Shabab, keeping him at the club until the end of the 2022-2023 season.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Shanghai Shenhua agreed to part company with Ighalo in exchange for 2.5 million euros (around N1.44 billion in Nigerian currency).
The 31-year-old Ighalo has been assigned the number 89 jersey for the rest of the season.
A product of Julius Berger, he began his career abroad with Lyn Oslo, followed by spells at Udinese, Granada and Cesena, before returning to Granada.
He made a name for himself at Watford, scoring 39 goals in 100 appearances before switching to Changchun Yatai in January 2017.
Ighalo became the first Nigerian-born player to feature for Manchester United when he debuted for the Red Devils against Chelsea in February 2020.
The deal taking Ighalo to Al-Shabab was brokered by Norwegian-based Nigerian agent Atta Aneke.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Confirmed : Super Eagles striker Osimhen left out of Napoli squad to face Sassuolo
- Chalrton Athletic's Chuks Aneke available to face Wigan as red card is overturned
- Bayern Munich confirm signing of left-footed Austrian-Nigerian midfielder targeted by Burnley and Boro
- Glasgow Rangers' Nigeria international defender listed as questionable to face Livingston
- Teenage striker of Nigerian descent nominated for West Ham's February Goal of the Month award
- Rohr tells Glasgow Rangers left-back Bassey, Ofoborh they can join Aribo, Balogun in Super Eagles
- 'I certainly do not rule it out' - PSV's Anglo-Nigerian winger wants to play for Netherlands if possible
- Bayern's ex-Chelsea midfielder Musiala set to sign first professional contract in the coming days
- Iwobi joint top dribbler in Everton's 1-0 win vs Southampton after entering game as sub in 87th minute
- Anjorin bags assist in first game of 2021 for Chelsea U23; Leicester's Odunze faces former club
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football