Spartak Moscow Coach Reacts To Controversial Red Card Shown To Chelsea Loanee Victor MosesPublished: February 21, 2021
Spartak Moscow coach Domenico Tedesco has reacted to the controversial red card shown to Victor Moses during his side's 2-0 loss to Dinamo Moscow in the Russian Cup on Saturday.
The Chelsea loanee was first booked in the fifteen minute after he was adjudged to have handled the ball but television replays suggest that the ball touched his shoulder.
Nine minutes from time, Moses received his marching orders for a second bookable offense, the wing-back fouled Dinamo Moscow winger Daniil Lesovoy and was yellow carded for stopping a potential counter-attacking opportunity.
Manager Tedesco rued the sending off of the former Nigeria international, saying it decided the outcome of the game.
"And in the second half the same scenario happened. We started well, had chances, but then the second conceded goal, Moses' removal - and the outcome was, in fact, decided," Tedesco said at the post-match press conference.
Dinamo advanced to the next round of the Cup thanks to goals from Daniil Fomin and Konstantin Tyukavin in the 16th and 70th minute respectively.
Dinamo's Nigeria international Sylvester Igboun entered the game as a substitute two minutes after Moses was dismissed.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea release promising Nigerian midfielder ahead of 2021-2022 season
- Super Eagles striker Osimhen named in Napoli's 24-man provisional squad to face Bologna
- Former Man City schoolboy of Nigerian descent named in Man Utd provisional squad for derby
- 'He's done it again' - Ex-Barcelona striker salutes Iheanacho after another goal for Leicester City
- Red-hot Orlando City loanee Daryl Dike scores third goal in four games as Barnsley make history
- 'The Nigerian has been their star man' - Ex-Norwich striker praises Iheanacho after excellent display vs Brighton
- Wolverhampton Wanderers urged to sign Fulham winger Lookman if Traore is sold
- 'Tella was the man of the match today' - Southampton coach lauds Nigeria target after brilliant display
- Miguel Azeez's brother, Femi makes his senior debut as Reading thrash Sheffield Wednesday
- Ex-Man Utd star Hargreaves hails Southampton's Tella as best player on the pitch vs Sheffield United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football