Equatorial Guinea 0 Nigeria 9 : Barcelona's Oshoala Nets Four, Sevilla's Payne Opens AccountPublished: February 23, 2021
For the third consecutive game at the Turkish Women's Cup, African champions Nigeria kept a cleansheet, crushing Equatorial Guinea 9-0 at the EMR Sports Complex on Tuesday morning.
The Super Falcons' nine goals were shared across six different scorers with Barcelona striker Asisat Oshoala the top performer with four goals, while the others came from Ogbonna, Uchenna Kanu, Charity Adule, Toni Payne and Gift Monday.
Warning signs were there that it was going to be a high-scoring game as Ogbonna gave Nigeria the lead from a surge inside eight minutes.
Eleven minutes in, it became 2-0, Oshoala converting a penalty won by Payne and the former Arsenal star increased the lead when she scored again from the spot in the 13th minute.
Oshoala slotted into an empty net after beating the goalkeeper to make it 4-0 with 26 minutes played, Uchenna netted Nigeria's fifth, Adule with a header made it six in the 38th minute.
Two minutes before half-time, Sevilla star Payne netted her first goal in Nigeria colours when she beat two players and fired a screamer past the goalkeeper.
Coach Randy Waldrum wanted to give playing opportunities to the players and brought in Monday Gift, Ramat Abdulkareem , Esther Sunday and Maryam Ibrahim in the second half, with Chiwendu, Okeke, Payne and Uchenna Kanu making way.
Equatorial Guinea thought they could show some pride in the second part of the game but it didn't last as FC Robo captain Gift Monday scored the eighth goal in the 69th minute before Oshoala wrapped up the scoring five minutes from time.
The Super Falcons recorded 1-0 victories in their first two matches against CSKA Moscow and Uzbekistan.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles defender Balogun undergoes late fitness test ahead of Glasgow Rangers vs St Mirren
- Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green light
- Rodgers reveals Iheanacho will be important for Leicester City in last eleven Premier League games
- Balogun fit enough to make bench, Azeez returns from injury as Arsenal, Southampton B play out draw
- Leicester coach hints at permitting Iheanacho, Ndidi to link up with Super Eagles for AFCONQ
- Photo Confirmation : Chelsea-reared midfielder Musiala inks new contract with Bayern Munich
- Ndidi tells Leicester coach he wants to be in midfield, happy to assist Iheanacho score stunning volley
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injury
- 'Very contentious decision' - Josh Maja gives his take on disallowed goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- Denmark defender urges Super Eagles striker to shun Glasgow Celtic for Premier League or Bundesliga
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football