'Victor was really very worried'- Spartak coach on psychological state of Chelsea loanee after red cardPublished: February 26, 2021
Spartak Moscow coach Domenico Tedesco has revealed that former Nigeria international Victor Moses was emotionally down following his red card and the goal-scoring opportunity he missed against Dinamo Moscow in the Russian Cup last weekend.
The Chelsea loanee was first booked in the fifteenth minute after he was adjudged to have handled the ball but television replays suggest that the ball touched his shoulder.
Nine minutes from time, Moses received his marching orders for a second bookable offense, the wing-back fouled Dinamo Moscow winger Daniil Lesovoy and was yellow carded for stopping a potential counter-attacking opportunity.
During Friday's pre-match press conference before the meeting with Rubin Kazan, Tedesco was asked about the psychological state of Moses and if he communicated with the ex-Super Eagles star.
The German-Italian manager answered : "Victor was really very worried, two days after the match he could not 'let go' of the situation.
"We discussed everything with him. I said that there are no problems: everyone understands that in the episode from the penalty spot he played so unintentionally.
"And I advised him to move on, because the past cannot be returned".
Since joining the Red and White last October, Moses has totaled ten appearances in all competitions,scoring one goal.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen costing more than Haaland : Serie A legend confident Nigerian will deliver for Napoli
- Chelsea loanee Ugbo nets brace in Cercle Brugge's 3-0 rout of Oud-Heverlee Leuven
- Crotone's Simy two goals away from breaking Nigerian record held by ex-Blackburn striker Yakubu
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football