Former Nigeria U17 invitee named in a Chelsea gameday squad for the first time this seasonPublished: February 27, 2021
Former Golden Eaglets invitee Prince Adegoke was included in a gameday squad for a Chelsea team for the first time this season as the U18 side defeated Norwich City in an U18 Premier League fixture at Lotus Training Center on Saturday afternoon.
Previously, the Chelsea youth team coaches were not able to utilise the highly-rated goalkeeper because he had been recovering from injury.
Last September, Adegoke underwent meniscus surgery due to an injury he suffered during the warmup of a pre-season friendly against Crystal Palace.
The bulky glovesman was widely tipped to lay a claim for a starting spot in Chelsea U18s prior to his spell on the sidelines.
Against the Canaries, Adegoke watched proceedings from the bench for the entirety of the game, just as was the case during the 2017-18 and 2019-20 seasons when he was an unused substitute against Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur U18 respectively.
Chelsea have high hopes for the Anglo-Nigerian youngster, offering him a scholarship last summer which was upgraded to a professional contract in November 2020.
Meanwhile, his Chelsea teammate Derrick Abu was a 92nd minute substitute against Norwich City - his sixth appearance in the U18 Premier League this season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football