Former Man Utd star Ighalo scores two headed goals vs Damac, third goal chalked off for offsidePublished: March 01, 2021
Former Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo scored a first half brace as Al-Shabab defeated Damac 2-1 in a Saudi Arabian Professional League match at the Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz Sports City Stadium (Abha) on Monday afternoon.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer opened the scoring when he powered a downward header past the goalkeeper after a brilliant cross into the box from left-back Abdullah Al Zoari in the 12th minute.
Damac replied eight minutes later as Emilio Zelaya scored with a header of his own to make it 1-1.
Six minutes before half-time, Ighalo scored what proved to be the winning goal, guiding a header beyond the reach of Zeghba after a fine delivery from Fábio Martins.
In the second half, the former Super Eagles star thought he had bagged his first hat-trick in Saudi football but the goal was chalked off for offside.
In the third minute of stoppage time, Ighalo made way for Nawaf Al Abid .
The number 89 has been involved in four goals (3 goals, 1 assist) in five appearances since making his debut for Al-Shabab.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- Official : Super Eagles central defender inks new contract with Scottish champions Rangers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football