Anjorin bags assist in first game of 2021 for Chelsea U23; Leicester's Odunze faces former clubPublished: March 02, 2021
Faustino Anjorin was impressive in his first game of 2021 for Chelsea U23s as they were held to a 1-1 draw by Leicester City in a Premier League 2 clash on Monday night.
The England youth international of Nigerian descent has been part of the first team bubble since the appointment of Thomas Tuchel as coach of the Stamford Bridge outfit, missing three games in a row in the Premier League 2 against Arsenal, Derby County and Liverpool.
Two other players of Nigerian descent started at the Leicester City training ground; Bryan Fiabema for Chelsea and the 2002-born Leicester goalkeeper Chituru Odunze who spent three years at the Chelsea academy in the formative years of his career.
Sporting the number 10 jersey, Anjorin was denied the opening goal when he made room for himself and struck a shot from close range but the post came to Leicester City's rescue in the 25th minute.
Odunze made a brilliant save to prevent Livramento from breaking the deadlock in the 32nd minute, covering his near post and punching the ball away for a corner.
The breakthrough finally arrived for Chelsea in the fifth minute of first half stoppage time as McEachran was there at the far post to tap home after Anjorin put a brilliant ball across the face of goal.
In the 58th minute, Tyrese Shade leveled the scores with a simple finish after a defensive error by Chelsea.
Anjorin thought he had won it for the visitors in the 95th minute but saw his shot from just inside the box tipped wide by Odunze.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- Official : Super Eagles central defender inks new contract with Scottish champions Rangers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football