Teenage striker of Nigerian descent nominated for West Ham's February Goal of the Month awardPublished: March 02, 2021
Teenage striker of Nigerian descent Mipo Odubeko is a contender for West Ham United's Goal of the Month award for February 2021.
The official website of the Hammers has announced the shortlist of players for the monthly accolade with Odubeko making the cut for his effort against Brighton & Hove in the Premier League 2.
Though West Ham were soundly beaten at the AMEX Elite Football Performance Centre on February 5, their number 9 scored one of the eye-catching goals, beating goalkeeper Carl Rushworth with a delicate chip from just outside the box.
In his bid to win the Goal of the Month, Odubeko is up against strikes from Tomáš Souček (v Aston Villa), Jesse Lingard (v Aston Villa), Ryan Fredericks (v Sheffield United), Jesse Lingard (v Tottenham Hotspur) and Sonny Perkins (U17s v Millwall).
A former Manchester United and Manchester City player, Odubeko has made two appearances for West Ham's first team this season, both coming in the Emirates FA Cup , while he has made the bench for seven matches in the Premier League.
The 18-year-old's other goals this season came against Southend United in the EFL Trophy and Southampton B in the Premier League 2 back in September.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- Official : Super Eagles central defender inks new contract with Scottish champions Rangers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football