Teenage Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper returns to Arsenal training after more than a month out with injuryPublished: March 05, 2021
Arsenal U18s have been handed an injury boost as they approach the business end of the season, with news that Nigeria-eligible goalkeeper Ovie Ejeheri has returned to training.
Jeorge Bird has informed that Ejeheri, who also qualifies to play international football for England and Uganda, is back in training after injury.
The promising goalkeeper has not featured for Arsenal youth teams since sustaining an injury in the first half of a 4-1 hammering of Tottenham Hotspur on January 23.
The 17-year-old was not been available for selection in Arsenal's last four matches in the U18 Premier League - against Crystal Palace, West Ham, Brighton & Hove and West Brom - due to the ailment.
Ejeheri forced his way into the Gunners starting XI prior to his injury having started their last five matches including the FA Youth Cup win against Rotherham United and provided cover for either Arthur Okonkwo or James Hillson in three Premier League 2 matches.
The big question is whether he will be able to play against Aston Villa U18s next Tuesday as he is not yet up to speed and given his poor injury record in the last three seasons, he's unlikely to be rushed back into action.
Ejeheri's contract with the Emirates Stadium outfit runs out at the end of the season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- Official : Super Eagles central defender inks new contract with Scottish champions Rangers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football