Nigeria And Napoli handed Osimhen injury boost as striker receives medical green lightPublished: March 05, 2021
Victor Osimhen has received medical clearance to return to action, two days before Napoli's Serie A clash against Bologna.
The Nigeria international was able to join his teammates in full training on Friday, taking part in passing drills and technical work, before playing a mini-match.
This new development will be sweet music to the ears of Super Eagles manager Gernot Rohr who is planning to include the former Lille goal poacher in his squad list for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers this month.
Osimhen missed Napoli's last three matches as a result of the head injury he suffered in the closing minutes against Atalanta on February 21.
Neurosurgeon Alfredo Bucciero, who was with Osimhen at the Pineta Grande hospital in Castel Volturno this morning, revealed that it is up to the coaching staff to decide if he is in the team to face Bologna.
"Osimhen is well and can be enlisted. Gattuso will decide whether to play him against Bologna, from a clinical point of view there are no problems," Bucciero said to Radio Punto Nuovo via La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"The magnetic resonance confirmed that there is nothing, as at the first exam last week.
"As for the encephalogram there was some small anomaly, as normal in trauma, but it returned. A header? I wished him that. I asked him to give me a goal "
This season, Osimhen, who wears the number 9 jersey for Napoli and the Super Eagles, has scored 3 goals combined in 17 appearances for club and country.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli.it
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- Official : Super Eagles central defender inks new contract with Scottish champions Rangers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football