Osayi-Samuel reacts after scoring his first goal in Fenerbahce coloursPublished: March 09, 2021
Nigerian-born winger Bright Osayi-Samuel has expressed happiness after scoring his first-ever goal for Fenerbahce in a 3-0 rout of Konyaspor in a Turkish Super Lig clash staged at the Medaş Konya Büyükşehir Stadyumu on Monday evening.
Thirty two minutes into the game, the former Queens Park Rangers star used his blistering pace to get past two Koyaspor players and slotted past goalkeeper Ibrahim Sehic.
Osayi-Samuel revealed that his goal will build his confidence and hopes to perform better in the remaining games of the season.
In quotes relayed by Fenerbahce's official website, Osayi-Samuel stated : "I feel very happy today because I personally scored a goal. It was my first goal.
"I try to play very seriously in every game I play. I try to do more when I play, I try to improve myself.
"This goal I scored gave me confidence. I think I can do more. I want to show better as I play, what kind of player I am. We also performed well as a team."
The Fenerbahce number 21 noted that victory did not come easy as the opponents pressurised the Yellow Canaries after going two goals behind.
Osayi-Samuel continued : "Especially after scoring two goals, we showed how much we wanted the match as a team. But after the second goal we retreated a little.
"The opponent put pressure on us in this sense. We want to do better and continue well in the next game with a better performance".
Osayi-Samuel now has four goals this campaign,with three of them scored for Queens Park Rangers before his switch to Turkey.
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen costing more than Haaland : Serie A legend confident Nigerian will deliver for Napoli
- Chelsea loanee Ugbo nets brace in Cercle Brugge's 3-0 rout of Oud-Heverlee Leuven
- Crotone's Simy two goals away from breaking Nigerian record held by ex-Blackburn striker Yakubu
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football