Osayi-Samuel reacts after scoring his first goal in Fenerbahce coloursPublished: March 09, 2021
Nigerian-born winger Bright Osayi-Samuel has expressed happiness after scoring his first-ever goal for Fenerbahce in a 3-0 rout of Konyaspor in a Turkish Super Lig clash staged at the Medaş Konya Büyükşehir Stadyumu on Monday evening.
Thirty two minutes into the game, the former Queens Park Rangers star used his blistering pace to get past two Koyaspor players and slotted past goalkeeper Ibrahim Sehic.
Osayi-Samuel revealed that his goal will build his confidence and hopes to perform better in the remaining games of the season.
In quotes relayed by Fenerbahce's official website, Osayi-Samuel stated : "I feel very happy today because I personally scored a goal. It was my first goal.
"I try to play very seriously in every game I play. I try to do more when I play, I try to improve myself.
"This goal I scored gave me confidence. I think I can do more. I want to show better as I play, what kind of player I am. We also performed well as a team."
The Fenerbahce number 21 noted that victory did not come easy as the opponents pressurised the Yellow Canaries after going two goals behind.
Osayi-Samuel continued : "Especially after scoring two goals, we showed how much we wanted the match as a team. But after the second goal we retreated a little.
"The opponent put pressure on us in this sense. We want to do better and continue well in the next game with a better performance".
Osayi-Samuel now has four goals this campaign,with three of them scored for Queens Park Rangers before his switch to Turkey.
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- Every word said by Osimhen on form, brace, Spalletti, Napoli midfielders, last season's struggles
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football