Nigerian-born center back Olowu temporarily returns to Arsenal from loan clubPublished: March 10, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigerian-born center back Joseph Olowu has temporarily returned to his parent club Arsenal from Wealdstone FC, where he's spending the remainder of the 2020-2021 campaign on loan.
The Nigeria Football Federation target sustained a calf injury at his loan club and he has now returned to the Gunners to undergo treatment.
Olowu has not been involved in the last four matches contested by Wealdstone FC, against Wrexham, Boreham Wood, Halifax Town and King's Lynn Town due to the ailment.
He broke into the starting lineup of Wealdstone soon after his loan move to the fifth-tier side last month, having started three matches prior to his spell on the sidelines.
The defender is expected to remain at Arsenal throughout this month as he's not expected to return to action until sometime in April 2021, assuming his rehabilitation goes according to plan.
It is envisaged that he will end his association with the Emirates Stadium outfit in the summer as his deal runs out in June and has not yet been offered a new contract.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Kelechi is a great finisher'- Leicester winger Lookman hails Super Eagles striker
- 'I have him with Nigeria' - Rohr happy for Samuel Kalu after wonder goal for Bordeaux
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- Every word said by Osimhen on form, brace, Spalletti, Napoli midfielders, last season's struggles
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football