'Can happen in football' - Galatasaray's Onyekuru on scoring four of his five goals off the benchPublished: March 13, 2021
Super Eagles star Henry Onyekuru ended a seven-game goal drought in style after bagging a brace to inspire Galatasaray to a 3-0 win against Kayserispor on Saturday evening.
The Monaco loanee was introduced into the game as a substitute midway through the second half, with Emre Akbaba making way.
Onyekuru's fourth goal in his third spell as a Galatasaray player came in the 81st minute, the former Everton winger tapping the ball in to double the Lions advantage.
Any lingering doubt of a Galatasaray win was put to bed a minute from time when Onyekuru scored with a right-footed shot, assisted by Sofiane Feghouli.
After the match Onyekuru, who was delighted Galatasaray returned to winning ways, was reminded that he has now scored four of his five goals playing as a substitute.
He was quoted as saying by Galatasaray's official website : "I am very happy. Today we played a very important match in which we should get three points.
"We played well and fought well. I am very happy to contribute to my team in this way. The important thing here was to contribute to my team and get three points in this important game. I am happy to do this".
He added : "There are such things in football. Sometimes you can't start in the starting XI and score a goal. Sometimes you enter the game in the last two minutes and score two goals. This kind of thing can happen in football."
In terms of the Super Lig table, Galatasaray remain second with 61 points, two behind table-toppers Besiktas who have a game in hand.
Photo Credit : galatasaray.org
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen costing more than Haaland : Serie A legend confident Nigerian will deliver for Napoli
- Chelsea loanee Ugbo nets brace in Cercle Brugge's 3-0 rout of Oud-Heverlee Leuven
- Crotone's Simy two goals away from breaking Nigerian record held by ex-Blackburn striker Yakubu
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football