'Can happen in football' - Galatasaray's Onyekuru on scoring four of his five goals off the benchPublished: March 13, 2021
Super Eagles star Henry Onyekuru ended a seven-game goal drought in style after bagging a brace to inspire Galatasaray to a 3-0 win against Kayserispor on Saturday evening.
The Monaco loanee was introduced into the game as a substitute midway through the second half, with Emre Akbaba making way.
Onyekuru's fourth goal in his third spell as a Galatasaray player came in the 81st minute, the former Everton winger tapping the ball in to double the Lions advantage.
Any lingering doubt of a Galatasaray win was put to bed a minute from time when Onyekuru scored with a right-footed shot, assisted by Sofiane Feghouli.
After the match Onyekuru, who was delighted Galatasaray returned to winning ways, was reminded that he has now scored four of his five goals playing as a substitute.
He was quoted as saying by Galatasaray's official website : "I am very happy. Today we played a very important match in which we should get three points.
"We played well and fought well. I am very happy to contribute to my team in this way. The important thing here was to contribute to my team and get three points in this important game. I am happy to do this".
He added : "There are such things in football. Sometimes you can't start in the starting XI and score a goal. Sometimes you enter the game in the last two minutes and score two goals. This kind of thing can happen in football."
In terms of the Super Lig table, Galatasaray remain second with 61 points, two behind table-toppers Besiktas who have a game in hand.
Photo Credit : galatasaray.org
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- Every word said by Osimhen on form, brace, Spalletti, Napoli midfielders, last season's struggles
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football