Manchester United and Chelsea-linked striker Dike scores brace for Barnsley in win vs LutonPublished: April 05, 2021
American-born Nigerian striker Daryl Dike kept up his fine form for Barnsley in the Championship with a brace in a 2-1 win over Luton Town on Easter Monday.
The Orlando City loanee opened the scoring in the 28th minute, finishing into the far corner after he was set up by Cauley Woodrow and doubled the advantage just before the hour mark when he reacted first to prod in a rebound after Woodrow saw his effort partially saved by the goalkeeper.
In his last ten outings in the second-tier, Dike has tallied seven goals and helped promotion-chasing Barnsley record seven wins and two draws.
The 20-year-old is widely expected to be sold by his parent club Orlando City in the summer transfer window, with a fee of 20 million dollars being mooted as the asking price for the young attacker.
Barnsley are believed to be frontrunners for his signature as they included a purchase clause into the deal taking him to the club but it is clear they would not be able to afford him if they are not promoted to the Premier League at the end of the season.
Manchester, Chelsea as well as Everton are among the Premier League clubs credited with an interest in the American-Nigerian wonderkid.
Dike will be hoping to score more goals for Barnsley to show his suitors what he can do if a move to the Premier League materializes.
Photo Credit : barnsleyfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen costing more than Haaland : Serie A legend confident Nigerian will deliver for Napoli
- Chelsea loanee Ugbo nets brace in Cercle Brugge's 3-0 rout of Oud-Heverlee Leuven
- Crotone's Simy two goals away from breaking Nigerian record held by ex-Blackburn striker Yakubu
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football