Bayern Munich and Sevilla competing to sign Nigerian striker involved in 30 goals this seasonPublished: April 08, 2021
According to celebrated Spanish sports daily Diario AS, European champions Bayern Munich and Sevilla are interested in signing 2016 Olympics bronze medalist Umar Sadiq in the summer.
If Sadiq is to leave Almeria when the transfer window opens, then it will be for 60 million euros, the fee stated in the striker's release clause but the price would rise to 80 million euros if the Rojiblancos are promoted to La Liga at the end of this season.
On the other hand, Almeria would be willing to listen to offers as from 30 million euros if they remain in the second-tier.
The former Nigeria U23 international is having a fantastic season, leading to a maiden call-up to the Super Eagles for their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against the Republic of Benin and Lesotho, but was prevented from linking up with the squad due to coronavirus concerns.
Sadiq has directly participated in 30 goals (23 goals and 7 assists) in all competitions combined for Partizan Belgrade, where he started this season, and current club Almeria.
Sevilla are reportedly the front runners to sign the lanky striker who has a contract with Almeria until June 30, 2025.
Sevilla chief Monchi knows all about the qualities of Sadiq as he was once the sporting director of AS Roma, the player's former club.
Photo Credit : udalmeriasad.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football