Super Eagles striker Olayinka namechecks two Arsenal players Slavia Prague have to be wary ofPublished: April 08, 2021
Peter Olayinka has admitted that Slavia Prague have to be wary of two Arsenal strikers in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette when the two teams face off in Thursday's Europa League quarterfinal clash at the Emirates Stadium in London.
Slavia Prague are set to play their fifth consecutive game against a British opponent in the Europa League, after seeing off Leicester City and Glasgow Rangers in the round of 32 and 16 respectively.
Olayinka has picked out Aubameyang and Lacazette, who have scored 27 goals between them in all competitions this season, as Arsenal's key players but noted that the London club do not rely much on individuality.
"They play a lot in a team, everyone is important to them. But I think that Aubameyang and Lacazette are the top players we have to be most careful about," Olayinka said to the official website of Slavia Prague.
The Nigeria international is eagerly looking forward to playing his first competitive match at the Emirates Stadium.
"I am focused on the match and I am looking forward to it. It's great to be in such a stadium.
"We did well in the last outdoor matches and I believe that we can show an equally good performance on Thursday," Olayinka added.
Olayinka has been in fine form in this season's Europa League, scoring three goals and setting up two others in nine games.
Photo Credit : slavia.cz
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- Official : Super Eagles central defender inks new contract with Scottish champions Rangers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football