EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on targetPublished: April 10, 2021
Four Nigeria-eligible strikers were on target for their respective clubs in the English Football League on Saturday, April 10.
We begin at Oakwell, where Barnsley battled Middlesbrough. It finished 2-0 in favour of the home team - a victory that sees the Reds consolidate their fifth position in the table.
With fifteen minutes left, Daryl Dike doubled Barnsley's advantage with a diving header, taking his tally to eight goals in the Championship since his move in the winter transfer market.
Still in the Championship, Bournemouth registered a comprehensive 4-1 win over Coventry City at the Vitality Stadium.
Former Chelsea and Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke wrapped up the scoring in the second minute of added time when a goalbound effort cannoned off him into the corner.
The 2017 U20 World Cup winner has contributed to 22 goals (13 goals, 9 assists) in 35 league matches this campaign.
Elsewhere, Luton Town came from behind to register a 3-1 win against Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park.
Two minutes from time, Fulham academy product Elijah Adebayo scored Luton Town's third goal, heading home brilliantly from Cornick's cross.
Finally, former Super Eagles invitee Viv Solomon-Otabor netted Wigan Athletic's third goal in their impressive 4-1 road win at Doncaster Rovers.
At minute 33, Solomon-Otabor easily slotted home after the ball was laid on a plate for him by Joseph Dodoo.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk demanding 30m euros if two-time Italian champions want to sign Onuachu
- What Iheanacho and Ndidi said after Leicester City's FA Cup win against Chelsea
- Southampton coach labels Super Eagles target 'biggest talent we have' after first EPL goal, assist
- Onuachu scores again, Dessers ends long wait for goal as Racing Genk beat Anderlecht
- Ndidi and Iheanacho hailed by ex-Man Utd striker after Leicester's FA Cup win vs Chelsea
- Leicester City hero : Vardy will be happy Iheanacho is scoring from his assists
- CD Feirense proud of Marcus' inclusion in Super Eagles provisional squad for friendly vs Cameroon
- UEFA Announces New Venue for the Champions League Final
- Nigeria captain named in Barcelona squad to face Chelsea in Women's Champions League final
- Millwall, QPR, Bristol City, Charlton considering move for Arsenal-reared Super Eagles hopeful
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football