Super Eagles winger Ejuke ends 176-day goal drought in CSKA Moscow win vs Rotor VolgogradPublished: April 12, 2021
Chidera Ejuke rediscovered his scoring touch on Monday evening as CSKA Moscow defeated FC Rotor Volgograd 2-0 in the Russian Premier League.
It was his first goal for the Army Men since finding the net in a 3-1 win over Dynamo Moscow on October 18, 2020, one hundred and seventy six days ago.
Ejuke had gone 20 matches in all competitions without a goal before he opened the scoring with a right-footed shot from just outside the penalty area in the first minute of first half stoppage time against FC Rotor Volgograd.
CSKA Moscow went on to bag one more goal in the second half, former West Brom and Newcastle United forward Jose Salomon Rondon the scorer.
Ejuke opened his goalscoring account for the Muscovites on his home debut against Spartak Moscow and his two other goals this season were netted in home matches.
This season, the former SC Heerenveen dazzler has played two games for the Nigeria national team - that's how highly rated he is.
Following the win against FC Rotor Volgograd, CSKA Moscow are fourth in the table with 46 points from 25 games.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk demanding 30m euros if two-time Italian champions want to sign Onuachu
- What Iheanacho and Ndidi said after Leicester City's FA Cup win against Chelsea
- Southampton coach labels Super Eagles target 'biggest talent we have' after first EPL goal, assist
- Onuachu scores again, Dessers ends long wait for goal as Racing Genk beat Anderlecht
- Ndidi and Iheanacho hailed by ex-Man Utd striker after Leicester's FA Cup win vs Chelsea
- Leicester City hero : Vardy will be happy Iheanacho is scoring from his assists
- CD Feirense proud of Marcus' inclusion in Super Eagles provisional squad for friendly vs Cameroon
- UEFA Announces New Venue for the Champions League Final
- Nigeria captain named in Barcelona squad to face Chelsea in Women's Champions League final
- Millwall, QPR, Bristol City, Charlton considering move for Arsenal-reared Super Eagles hopeful
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football