Hoffenheim sweating over availability of Super Eagles defender for RB Leipzig clashPublished: April 15, 2021
There are question marks over the availability of Hoffenheim central defender Kevin Akpoguma for Friday evening's German Bundesliga clash away to RB Leipzig.
The Nigeria national teamer could not complete the goalless draw against Bayer Leverkusen three days ago as he got injured in the closing minutes of the contest following a duel with Wendell.
Hoffenheim manager Sebastian Hoeness had an update on Akpoguma's fitness during the pre-match press conference on Wednesday, April 14, and there are serious doubts over whether he will be involved in the gameweek 29 clash at the Red Bull Arena.
"Sebastian Rudy and Kevin Akpoguma had to come off injured against Leverkusen," Hoeness was quoted as saying by Hoffenheim's official webpage.
"We'll have to see if they'll be fit again in time for Friday. Other than that there are no changes.''
Akpoguma has already missed thirteen matches in all competitions this season due to a combination of injury and fitness issues, and was left out of the Nigeria squad for last month's Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against the Republic of Benin and Lesotho.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football