Hoffenheim sweating over availability of Super Eagles defender for RB Leipzig clashPublished: April 15, 2021
There are question marks over the availability of Hoffenheim central defender Kevin Akpoguma for Friday evening's German Bundesliga clash away to RB Leipzig.
The Nigeria national teamer could not complete the goalless draw against Bayer Leverkusen three days ago as he got injured in the closing minutes of the contest following a duel with Wendell.
Hoffenheim manager Sebastian Hoeness had an update on Akpoguma's fitness during the pre-match press conference on Wednesday, April 14, and there are serious doubts over whether he will be involved in the gameweek 29 clash at the Red Bull Arena.
"Sebastian Rudy and Kevin Akpoguma had to come off injured against Leverkusen," Hoeness was quoted as saying by Hoffenheim's official webpage.
"We'll have to see if they'll be fit again in time for Friday. Other than that there are no changes.''
Akpoguma has already missed thirteen matches in all competitions this season due to a combination of injury and fitness issues, and was left out of the Nigeria squad for last month's Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against the Republic of Benin and Lesotho.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football