19-year-old Nigeria-eligible striker promoted to Arsenal first-team training before visit of FulhamPublished: April 17, 2021
Arsenal have concluded their preparation for Sunday's Premier League meeting against Fulham at the Emirates Stadium in London.
Everything is pointing to the fact that Nigeria-eligible striker Folarin Balogun has put pen to paper on a new contract with Arsenal, considering that his fortunes have changed over the last one week or so.
The 19-year-old was pictured training with the Gunners first team in their final workout at London Colney before the visit of the Cottagers.
If selected in the matchday 20 by manager Mikel Arteta, it would be his first-ever squad involvement for a Premier League game.
Though Balogun has not been included in Arsenal's 21-man Premier League squad list for the second half of the season, he is eligible to feature in the top-flight as he is an U21 player.
Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is unavailable for selection as he continues to recover after contracting malaria on international duty, pushing Balogun up the pecking order of strikers.
The England youth international, who made his debuts in the Europa League and League Cup this season, has directly participated in three goals (2 goals and 1 assist) in six first-team games.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football