Turkish giants Galatasaray regret not signing Genk striker Onuachu for five million eurosPublished: April 22, 2021
Super Lig giants Galatasaray have regretted passing up the opportunity to sign Racing Genk goal machine Paul Onuachu, according to reports.
Turkish sports daily Fanatik says the Nigeria international was on the radar of Galatasaray prior to his move to Genk in 2019 and was scouted by Hasan Şaş, assistant manager of Galatasaray at that time, but a transfer did not materialize.
Sas had recommended that the striker should be signed, highlighting that he possesses speed, technique and an eye for goal.
The former Midtjylland man would have cost Galatasaray a fee of five million euros assuming he joined the club.
Onuachu has seen his stock rise following a banner season at Genk and is now rated in the region of seventeen million euros by transfer market experts.
Only Bayern Munich's Poland star Robert Lewandowski (35) has scored more goals than Onuachu (29) in the European Leagues in 2020-2021.
The FC Ebedei product has roughly three years to run on his current contract at Racing Genk.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Rangers' Balogun, Spartak Moscow's Moses named in Europa League best eleven
- Chelsea and Tottenham academy products hail Balogun after first goal for Glasgow Rangers
- Lokomotiv Moscow coach provides injury update on Chelsea-owned winger Anjorin
- Mertens impressed by Osimhen as Super Eagles striker equals Napoli record
- 'We're be lucky to keep hold of him' - Rangers boss fuels transfer speculation about Aribo
- Rangers boss provides worrying update on Balogun ahead of Nigeria squad announcement
- Super Eagles trio Awoniyi, Osimhen, Odey takes season tally to 10, 9, 8; ex-AC Milan star on target
- Balogun celebrates his first goal in Rangers colours but goes off injured in win vs Brondby
- Team of the Week honours for Luton Town's Adebayo and Northampton Town's Koiki
- Aston Villa keen to offer new deal to Nigeria-eligible midfielder to ward off interest
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football