24-goal striker Umar Sadiq is second most used player by Almeria coach in LaLiga 2Published: April 23, 2021
2016 Rio Olympics bronze medalist Umar Sadiq is the second most used played by Almeria coach José Manuel Gomes in the Spanish Segunda Division this season.
It will be recalled that Sadiq was named in the Nigeria squad for last month's Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches with the Republic of Benin and Lesotho, but was prevented from linking up with the national team due to coronavirus concerns.
The 24-year-old would have missed up to three LaLiga 2 matches - against Leganes, Malaga and Rayo Vallecano - if he had traveled to Africa in March.
Sadiq has logged 2,446 minutes spread across 31 matches in the Spanish second-tier, including 27 starts, and only Iván Balliu (2,463 minutes) was in action more than the Nigerian.
He is Almeria's leading scorer in the league with 16 goals, has another two in the Copa del Rey and netted six goals for Partizan Belgrade before his move to Spain in October, taking his tally for the season to 24 goals in all competitions.
Seven matches to the end of the regular season, Almeria's promotion hopes are very much still alive as they occupy the third position in the standings with 61 points.
La Liga side Sevilla are keeping tabs on Sadiq ahead of a potential swoop when the transfer window reopens for business.
Photo Credit : udalmeriasad.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk demanding 30m euros if two-time Italian champions want to sign Onuachu
- What Iheanacho and Ndidi said after Leicester City's FA Cup win against Chelsea
- Southampton coach labels Super Eagles target 'biggest talent we have' after first EPL goal, assist
- Onuachu scores again, Dessers ends long wait for goal as Racing Genk beat Anderlecht
- Ndidi and Iheanacho hailed by ex-Man Utd striker after Leicester's FA Cup win vs Chelsea
- Leicester City hero : Vardy will be happy Iheanacho is scoring from his assists
- CD Feirense proud of Marcus' inclusion in Super Eagles provisional squad for friendly vs Cameroon
- UEFA Announces New Venue for the Champions League Final
- Nigeria captain named in Barcelona squad to face Chelsea in Women's Champions League final
- Millwall, QPR, Bristol City, Charlton considering move for Arsenal-reared Super Eagles hopeful
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football