Turkish club Akhisarspor claim they signed a fake Nigerian footballer, complain to TFFPublished: April 24, 2021
Martins Chisom Onyebueke is at the center of a transfer scandal in Turkey amid claims that he is not a genuine footballer.
According to various reports in the Turkish media, Evren Ozbey, president of First League club Akhisarspor, has complained to the Turkish Football Federation that Onyebueke is not a footballer.
Born in 2001, Onyebueke, who claims to be a midfielder, joined Akhisarspor in the January transfer window, signing a deal until the end of the 2020-2021 season.
The 20-year-old was issued with a license by the TFF on February 1, with the Federation stating "transition to professionalism without being an amateur" as license type since there was no information about the clubs he previously represented.
It is unclear how Onyebueke got documentation to play in Turkey.
He has not been involved in any of the thirteen matches played by Akhisarspor since transferring to the club and has not been named in a matchday squad.
Out-of-favor Super Eagles midfielder Raheem Lawal and striker Peter Nsima are bona fide players of Akhisarspor.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Rangers' Balogun, Spartak Moscow's Moses named in Europa League best eleven
- Chelsea and Tottenham academy products hail Balogun after first goal for Glasgow Rangers
- Lokomotiv Moscow coach provides injury update on Chelsea-owned winger Anjorin
- Mertens impressed by Osimhen as Super Eagles striker equals Napoli record
- 'We're be lucky to keep hold of him' - Rangers boss fuels transfer speculation about Aribo
- Rangers boss provides worrying update on Balogun ahead of Nigeria squad announcement
- Super Eagles trio Awoniyi, Osimhen, Odey takes season tally to 10, 9, 8; ex-AC Milan star on target
- Balogun celebrates his first goal in Rangers colours but goes off injured in win vs Brondby
- Team of the Week honours for Luton Town's Adebayo and Northampton Town's Koiki
- Aston Villa keen to offer new deal to Nigeria-eligible midfielder to ward off interest
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football