'I know I'm not Messi' - In-demand Crotone striker Simy opens up on his key attributesPublished: April 29, 2021
Crotone striker Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo is one of the revelations of this season's Italian Serie A.
With nineteen goals for relegation candidates Crotone this term, it took his overall tally to 29 in 77 games in the top-flight, making him the highest scoring Nigerian in the history of the Serie A.
Despite the outstanding season he is having, some pundits are of the opinion that he is not good enough to play in the Serie A.
Simy has pinpointed the key attributes that have helped him to succeed in the demanding league and admitted that he is not on the same level as Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.
In quotes relayed by Alfredo Pedullà making reference to SportWeek, the Nigeria international said : "I may not be the most technically refined, for some I am even poor: it is not a problem.
"I'm Simy, I'm almost two meters tall and this gives me advantages and disadvantages as well.
"With my feet and my head I reach where others can't, but in the tight spaces I know I'm not Messi. When I get the ball, I have to hit it".
Simy is continuously being linked with a departure from Crotone in the summer, with Fiorentina, Genoa and Sampdoria credited with an interest.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football