'I know I'm not Messi' - In-demand Crotone striker Simy opens up on his key attributesPublished: April 29, 2021
Crotone striker Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo is one of the revelations of this season's Italian Serie A.
With nineteen goals for relegation candidates Crotone this term, it took his overall tally to 29 in 77 games in the top-flight, making him the highest scoring Nigerian in the history of the Serie A.
Despite the outstanding season he is having, some pundits are of the opinion that he is not good enough to play in the Serie A.
Simy has pinpointed the key attributes that have helped him to succeed in the demanding league and admitted that he is not on the same level as Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.
In quotes relayed by Alfredo Pedullà making reference to SportWeek, the Nigeria international said : "I may not be the most technically refined, for some I am even poor: it is not a problem.
"I'm Simy, I'm almost two meters tall and this gives me advantages and disadvantages as well.
"With my feet and my head I reach where others can't, but in the tight spaces I know I'm not Messi. When I get the ball, I have to hit it".
Simy is continuously being linked with a departure from Crotone in the summer, with Fiorentina, Genoa and Sampdoria credited with an interest.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- Former Watford scout urges Man Utd to sign Osimhen if Kane slips out of their hands
- Ex-Udinese striker reveals the qualities Dessers would add to Rangers side if signed in the summer
- Best sites to predict football scores
- Opinion: The Arsenal transfer target Leicester City star Ndidi should replace at West Ham
- 'He's done okay' - Former Aston Villa striker urges Everton to cash in on Iwobi
- Lille ahead of Burnley in race for Gift Orban but Gent playing hardball over striker's transfer
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football