Campbell namechecks Balogun among four players that will be massively influential at ArsenalPublished: May 03, 2021
Former Gunners striker Kevin Campbell has namechecked Folarin Balogun among four Arsenal youngsters that are going to be massively influential for Arsenal in the coming years.
American-born Nigerian attacker Balogun recently ended speculation about his future by inking a new multi-year contract, keeping him at the Emirates Stadium until June 2025, and Campbell is urging Emile Smith Rowe to follow suit, with his deal set to run out in the next two years.
Ever since he put pen to paper on his new deal, Balogun has been training with Arsenal's first team and was in the traveling party for recent away matches at Villarreal and Newcastle United.
The 19-year-old has flourished when given the chance by first team manager Mikel Arteta, with a goal involvement of three in six appearances spread across 76 minutes.
"Martinelli, Saka and Balogun have all signed. We just need Smith Rowe to put pen to paper and then we are in business," Campbell told Football Insider.
He added : "Those four players are going to be massively influential at Arsenal in the coming years. I cannot think of many clubs that have four better youngsters."
Arsenal could promote Balogun to the first team next season with the futures of strikers Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah covered in mist.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk demanding 30m euros if two-time Italian champions want to sign Onuachu
- What Iheanacho and Ndidi said after Leicester City's FA Cup win against Chelsea
- Southampton coach labels Super Eagles target 'biggest talent we have' after first EPL goal, assist
- Onuachu scores again, Dessers ends long wait for goal as Racing Genk beat Anderlecht
- Ndidi and Iheanacho hailed by ex-Man Utd striker after Leicester's FA Cup win vs Chelsea
- Leicester City hero : Vardy will be happy Iheanacho is scoring from his assists
- CD Feirense proud of Marcus' inclusion in Super Eagles provisional squad for friendly vs Cameroon
- UEFA Announces New Venue for the Champions League Final
- Nigeria captain named in Barcelona squad to face Chelsea in Women's Champions League final
- Millwall, QPR, Bristol City, Charlton considering move for Arsenal-reared Super Eagles hopeful
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football