Chelsea urged to make a move for Nigeria striker if they miss out on Lukaku, Kane, HaalandPublished: June 07, 2021
Football.London says Chelsea should consider a move for newly-capped Nigeria international striker Terem Moffi if they miss out on their primary transfer targets this summer.
The Blues are in the market for a proven goalscorer ahead of next season; Germany international Timo Werner struggled in his first season in the Premier League, scoring only six goals in 35 games.
Inter Milan star Romelu Lukaku, Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane and Borussia Dortmund's young sensation Erling Haaland are among the high profile names linked with Chelsea as their preferred choice to reinforce the attack.
Chelsea will have a difficult task to close the signings of the European stars; Lukaku recently pledged his loyalty to Inter Milan amid interest from his former club, Tottenham are unlikely to sell their captain to a London rival, while Haaland might be too expensive at a price tag of 180 million euros.
Three players have been identified as the alternative options to the aforementioned world class strikers, with Moffi finding his name on the list along with Eintracht Frankfurt's Andre Silva and Red Bull Salzburg's Patson Daka.
Making a case for Moffi, Football. London argued that he had an impressive debut season with Lorient in the French Ligue 1, his numbers are impressive and he has pace to burn.
Moffi, who shares the same agent as former Chelsea players Ola Aina, Jordan Aina and Clinton Mola, has a contract with Lorient until June 2024.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Almeria striker Sadiq nets fifth goal of the season, wins penalty against Tenerife
- Nigeria-eligible striker on target as Chelsea U23s edge Liverpool in 7-goal thriller
- Iheanacho battles Brentford, PNE, Arsenal, Man City stars for Carabao Cup Goal of the Round
- 18-year-old winger of Nigerian descent trains with Arsenal first team pre-Tottenham Hotspur
- 'They are not scared of any team' - Brentford hero Sodje warns Liverpool stars ahead of EPL clash
- 'Kelechi is a great finisher'- Leicester winger Lookman hails Super Eagles striker
- 'I have him with Nigeria' - Rohr happy for Samuel Kalu after wonder goal for Bordeaux
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football