Ex-Nigeria U23 star tells Club Brugge he wants to leave amid interest from Ligue 1 clubs, VfB StuttgartPublished: June 19, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that former Nigeria U23 international David Okereke has informed Club Brugge that he wants to leave the club before the close of the summer transfer window.
The former Spezia man had an impressive start to his career at Club Brugge but has fallen out of favour with manager
Philippe Clement, so much so that he started only seven league games from a possible 40, including the playoffs, in 2020-2021.
Okereke has been Club Brugge's record signing for a while, with the Blue-Black investing eight million euros to sign him from Spezia, and if add-ons are included the fee could rise to ten million euros.
The 23-year-old sees his future away from Club Brugge due to a lack of first-team opportunities and because the coach has won back-to-back league titles with his preferred team he cannot be faulted.
German Bundesliga club VfB Stuttgart officially approached Club Brugge with an offer for Okereke in the winter transfer market but the First Division A champions refused to do business.
Without being specific, there are three French Ligue 1 clubs representatives of the winger are in talks with over a permanent transfer.
Okereke has two years left on his contract with Club Brugge.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Passport which expired in 2018 blocked Arsenal winger from making Flying Eagles' AFCON squad
- Tottenham Hotspur offer new deal to Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Flying Eagles coach names three foreign-based stars in 30-man provisional AFCON squad
- 'Two goals of exceptionally quality' - Reims coach hails 'incredible' on-loan Gunner Balogun
- Arteta promotes U15 player to Arsenal first team training, promising GK eligible for Nigeria
- Pundit omits Madueke as he names the new players likely to be included in Chelsea's UCL squad
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football