Ex-Nigeria U23 star tells Club Brugge he wants to leave amid interest from Ligue 1 clubs, VfB StuttgartPublished: June 19, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that former Nigeria U23 international David Okereke has informed Club Brugge that he wants to leave the club before the close of the summer transfer window.
The former Spezia man had an impressive start to his career at Club Brugge but has fallen out of favour with manager
Philippe Clement, so much so that he started only seven league games from a possible 40, including the playoffs, in 2020-2021.
Okereke has been Club Brugge's record signing for a while, with the Blue-Black investing eight million euros to sign him from Spezia, and if add-ons are included the fee could rise to ten million euros.
The 23-year-old sees his future away from Club Brugge due to a lack of first-team opportunities and because the coach has won back-to-back league titles with his preferred team he cannot be faulted.
German Bundesliga club VfB Stuttgart officially approached Club Brugge with an offer for Okereke in the winter transfer market but the First Division A champions refused to do business.
Without being specific, there are three French Ligue 1 clubs representatives of the winger are in talks with over a permanent transfer.
Okereke has two years left on his contract with Club Brugge.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Rangers' Balogun, Spartak Moscow's Moses named in Europa League best eleven
- Chelsea and Tottenham academy products hail Balogun after first goal for Glasgow Rangers
- Lokomotiv Moscow coach provides injury update on Chelsea-owned winger Anjorin
- Mertens impressed by Osimhen as Super Eagles striker equals Napoli record
- 'We're be lucky to keep hold of him' - Rangers boss fuels transfer speculation about Aribo
- Rangers boss provides worrying update on Balogun ahead of Nigeria squad announcement
- Super Eagles trio Awoniyi, Osimhen, Odey takes season tally to 10, 9, 8; ex-AC Milan star on target
- Balogun celebrates his first goal in Rangers colours but goes off injured in win vs Brondby
- Team of the Week honours for Luton Town's Adebayo and Northampton Town's Koiki
- Aston Villa keen to offer new deal to Nigeria-eligible midfielder to ward off interest
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football