Official : Manchester City academy product of Nigerian descent joins WolfsburgPublished: July 21, 2021
Wolfsburg have completed the signing of German-born attacking midfielder of Nigerian descent Felix Nmecha, informs the official website of the German Bundesliga side.
Nmecha has joined Wolfsburg on a free transfer following his release by Premier League champions Manchester City, where he spent almost eleven years.
An England youth international, Nmecha has put pen to paper on a three-year contract at Wolfsburg, until 2024, and becomes the club's fifth signing in the off season.
The 20-year-old has departed Manchester City after making three appearances for their first team including debuts in the Champions League, Emirates FA Cup and Carabao Cup.
"I’m pleased to be here and I’m grateful for the confidence that VfL have placed in me. I’m ready to give my best for the team and be successful," Felix Nmecha said.
Felix follows in the footsteps of his elder brother Lukas Nmecha who completed a move to Wolfsburg this month.
The younger Nmecha will begin training with his new teammates on Thursday at the training camp in Bad Waltersdorf in Austria.
For the upcoming season, Felix has been assigned the number 22 jersey.
Photo Credit : vfl-wolfsburg.de
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- Every word said by Osimhen on form, brace, Spalletti, Napoli midfielders, last season's struggles
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football