The reason Irish-Nigerian wonderkid has been left out of West Ham squad versus Glasgow CelticPublished: July 24, 2021
Irish-Nigerian wonderkid Mipo Odubeko was left out of West Ham's traveling party to Glasgow for their pre-season friendly against Scottish Premiership giants Celtic on Saturday afternoon.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Hammers boss David Moyes decided to erase his name from the list of players he took to Celtic due to fitness issues.
Odubeko had been in line to face Celtic, only for the talented teenage striker to suffer a minor head collision in training on Thursday, July 22.
The former Manchester United schoolboy started the friendly between West Ham and Northampton Town eleven days ago, before playing for half an hour against Reading on Wednesday.
This coming season, Odubeko is aiming to build on his brilliant form for West Ham youth teams in 2020-2021 that saw him score a remarkable 10 goals in nine matches in the Premier League 2.
The 18-year-old was on the periphery of the first team last season, making the matchday squad for Premier League games on eighteen occasions and featured in two FA Cup games.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Tottenham-reared winger of Nigerian descent makes 40-man Golden Boy shortlist
- Reading's Nigeria underage international named to Championship Team of the Week
- Super Eagles' latest position in FIFA world rankings revealed
- 'Watch out for him' - Italian football expert warns Leicester about Napoli's Super Eagles star
- Glasgow Celtic defender reveals he wants to play for Nigeria, why he supports Chelsea
- Chelsea-owned midfielder Anjorin equals career high market value of N1.6billion
- Atletico Madrid 0 Porto 0 : Super Eagles defender subbed out after picking up yellow card
- 'He is over two meters' - Austrian striker warns Rapid Vienna about the threat Onuachu poses
- UYL : Man City's Nigeria-eligible duo score on debuts; Nusa starts for Club Brugge vs PSG
- 'Osimhen can hurt Leicester' - Foxes sent warning by ex-Derby County striker pre-Napoli
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football