Rangers handed major boost pre-Livingston as Super Eagles midfielder returns to trainingPublished: July 27, 2021
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Scottish Premiership champions Glasgow Rangers have been handed a major boost ahead of their league opener against Livingston by the return to training of Joe Aribo.
The Super Eagles midfielder was not in the Light Blues' matchday squad for their last three pre-season games against Arsenal, Brighton & Hove and Real Madrid due to health issues.
Now, the former Charlton Athletic man has put himself in contention to be involved in some capacity against Livingston after resuming training on Monday, July 26.
There is speculation over the future of Aribo at Rangers despite being contracted to the club until June 2023 as he is attracting genuine interest from an unnamed English Premier League club.
The 25-year-old was involved in Rangers' first two pre-season fixtures with Partick Thistle and Tranmere Rovers prior to his spell on the sidelines.
Rangers' match versus Livingston would be his 92nd appearance for the Light Blues if he is considered for selection by manager Steven Gerrard.
Super Eagles center back Leon Balogun and left-back Calvin Bassey have no injury worries for now, with the duo coming through the match against Real Madrid unscathed.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- EFL Cup wrap : Lookman, Iheanacho score; Carney features vs Chelsea; Arsenal's Balogun subbed in
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football