Official : APOEL Nicosia and Deportivo La Coruna terminate the contracts of two Super Eagles starsPublished: September 01, 2021
Through a press release, Cypriot First Division club APOEL Nicosia have announced that they have parted company with Super Eagles goalkeeper Francis Uzoho.
The 28-time Cypriot champions received financial compensation before shredding their agreement with Uzoho.
The Aspire Academy product departs APOEL after 24 appearances in all competitions, keeping 8 clean sheets while conceding 23 goals.
Uzoho, who is on international duty with the Nigeria squad before their 2022 World Cup qualifiers, lists Deportivo de La Coruña, Elche, Omonia Nicosia and Anorthosis Famagusta among his previous clubs.
Another player named in Nigeria's provisional 2018 World Cup squad in Uche Agbo has had his contract terminated by Primera División RFEF outfit Deportivo de La Coruña, the official website of the Spanish club has informed.
The former Watford and Udinese midfielder is now a free agent and can join a new team even after the transfer window closes after a clause in his his Deportivo de La Coruña contract was activated.
Agbo recorded 28 appearances for Deportivo and was in action for 1,700 minutes.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- EFL Cup wrap : Lookman, Iheanacho score; Carney features vs Chelsea; Arsenal's Balogun subbed in
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football