Super Eagles arrive in battleground ahead of 2022 WCQ; promised N20m if they beat Cape VerdePublished: September 06, 2021
Nigeria's national team, Super Eagles, have arrived in Cape Verde, where they battle the Blue Sharks in their second match of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
As of an hour ago, the Super Eagles players and officials were at the Amilcar Cabral International Airport as they couldn't land in Sao Vincente where the match will be played because the Cesária évora Airport had closed.
The direct flight duration between Amilcar Cabral International Airport and Cesária évora Airport is just an hour.
Air Peace, the official airline of the national teams, flew the Super Eagles to Cape Verde, with Nigeria Football Federation boss Amaju Pinnick part of the delegation.
Air Peace Airlines Chairman, Allen Onyema, was at the airport to bid farewell to the players and promised them N20million in cash immediately they return to Nigeria if they beat Cape Verde.
Seven United Kingdom-based players Oghenekaro Etebo, Leon Balogun, Joe Aribo, Alex Iwobi, William Troost-Ekong, Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho, and Chelsea academy product Ola Aina have returned to their respective clubs, so won't be available for selection against the Blue Sharks.
Heading into Tuesday's fixture at the Adérito Sena Stadium, three-time African champions Nigeria top Group C after their opening day win against Liberia.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk boss to make key decision on Onuachu after missing 3 of his last 4 spot-kicks
- Super Eagles target comes off bench to provide assist as Crystal Palace held by Arsenal
- Teenage Nigerian striker reacts after signing new deal with Chelsea
- Mane vs Salah : Ex-African POTY reveals the better of the two Liverpool stars
- 'He unsettled Maguire' - Former Fox hails Iheanacho for first half display vs Man Utd
- 'He's better than Lukaku' - West Ham legend makes bold claim about Napoli striker Osimhen
- Man City product, eligible for Nigeria & England, hints at switching allegiance to Germany
- Ex-Rangers boss reacts to reports Aribo could replace Chelsea-owned midfielder at Crystal Palace
- CSKA Moscow dazzler Ejuke named in Russian PL TOTW after completing nine dribbles
- Leicester star Ndidi makes prediction about Daka after striker's first Premier League goal
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football