Porto coach blocks transfer of N31.2billion-rated Super Eagles star to FenerbahcePublished: September 08, 2021
With few hours left before the close of the summer transfer window in Turkey, it is looking likely that Zaidu Sanusi will remain a player of Porto as a proposed move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce appears dead in the water.
According to various reports in the Portuguese press including Mercado Do Futebol, Porto coach Sérgio Conceição has vetoed the departure of the Super Eagles star to Fenerbahce.
Any club that wants to sign the defender will have to pay his release clause of 50 million euros (approximately N31.2 billion) and Fenerbahce don't have the financial means to meet his asking price.
It is believed that the Yellow Canaries were considering signing the Super Eagle on loan with an option to buy.
Sanusi risks not playing much football in the first half of the season as he has lost his spot in Porto's starting line-up, making only one start from a possible four in 2021-2022.
In addition, he is becoming irrelevant at international level, with manager Gernot Rohr opting for Jamilu Collins in the left-back position in recent matches against Liberia and Cape Verde.
Signed from CD Santa Clara last August, he has a contract with the Blues and Whites until June 30, 2025.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football