Man City GK receives highest possible praise from Leicester boss for thwarting Nigerian starPublished: September 12, 2021
Northern Irish manager Brendan Rodgers hailed goalkeeper Ederson for his phenomenal display during Leicester City's 1-0 loss to Manchester City at the King Power Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Bernardo Silva netted the winning goal when he poked home from close range after Cancelo's strike deflected into his path off Caglar Soyuncu in the 62nd minute.
The Foxes did everything to get an equaliser but were thwarted by Ederson, with the Brazilian glovesman denying Nigerian winger Ademola Lookman from pointblank range in the 76th minute, three minutes after the introduction of the RB Leipzig loanee for his debut.
It would have been a great introduction but the new Leicester City number 37 couldn't find the bottom corner as Ederson came off his line to make a super save.
Rodgers has praised Ederson for his shot-stopping abilities by labeling him a 'world class goalkeeper'.
In quotes relayed by LeicestershireLive, the former Liverpool boss said on Ederson : "That's why he is top class.
"That first opportunity when the ball is coming in, he's very brave, and then the speed off his line for Ademola, because by the time he gets his head up, he's there. That’s why he's a world-class keeper."
Ederson was able to play yesterday's game after the Brazilian Federation withdrew their complaint in relation to the goalkeeper not reporting for international duty earlier this month.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Almeria striker Sadiq nets fifth goal of the season, wins penalty against Tenerife
- Nigeria-eligible striker on target as Chelsea U23s edge Liverpool in 7-goal thriller
- Iheanacho battles Brentford, PNE, Arsenal, Man City stars for Carabao Cup Goal of the Round
- 18-year-old winger of Nigerian descent trains with Arsenal first team pre-Tottenham Hotspur
- 'They are not scared of any team' - Brentford hero Sodje warns Liverpool stars ahead of EPL clash
- 'Kelechi is a great finisher'- Leicester winger Lookman hails Super Eagles striker
- 'I have him with Nigeria' - Rohr happy for Samuel Kalu after wonder goal for Bordeaux
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football