Turkish Super Lig : Uncapped Nigerian-born wingers on target for Trabzonspor, FenerbahcePublished: September 12, 2021
Nigerian-born wingers Anthony Nwakaeme and Bright Osayi-Samuel were on target for their respective clubs in the Turkish Super Lig on Sunday, September 12.
At the Medical Park Stadyumu, Trabzonspor came from behind to avoid their first defeat of the new season, drawing 2-2 with Istanbul giants Galatasaray.
Emre Kilinc's brace saw the visitors establish a two-goal cushion, before Andreas Cornelius halved the deficit at minute 41.
Sixteen minutes into the second half, Nwakaeme slotted home emphatically from close range after a lovely pass from Marek Hamsik, taking his tally to four goals in four matches this term.
For the sake of clarity, the experienced winger, one of the most consistent Nigerian players in Europe over the last three seasons, has no international caps to his name as the 2018 World Cup qualifier vs Algeria in which he featured was forfeited after Nigeria fielded an ineligible player.
At the Ulker Stadyumu Fenerbahce Sukru Saracoglu Spor Kompleksi, Bright Osayi-Samuel opened his account for the season as Fenerbahce were held to a 1-1 draw by Azubuike Okechukwu's Sivasspor.
The former Queens Park Rangers winger blasted the ball into the back of the net after a scramble in the box midway through the first half to give Fenerbahce the lead.
Prior to the visit of Sivasspor, Osayi-Samuel had not scored for the Yellow Canaries since March 8, 2021.
Uncapped at international level, the 23-year-old is open to playing for his country of birth Nigeria even though he is eligible to represent England.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Almeria striker Sadiq nets fifth goal of the season, wins penalty against Tenerife
- Nigeria-eligible striker on target as Chelsea U23s edge Liverpool in 7-goal thriller
- Iheanacho battles Brentford, PNE, Arsenal, Man City stars for Carabao Cup Goal of the Round
- 18-year-old winger of Nigerian descent trains with Arsenal first team pre-Tottenham Hotspur
- 'They are not scared of any team' - Brentford hero Sodje warns Liverpool stars ahead of EPL clash
- 'Kelechi is a great finisher'- Leicester winger Lookman hails Super Eagles striker
- 'I have him with Nigeria' - Rohr happy for Samuel Kalu after wonder goal for Bordeaux
- Ex-Sheffield United GK expects Arsenal to sign new rival for Okonkwo if Leno is sold
- Victor Osimhen among six Napoli players named in Serie A Team of the Week
- Teenage Nigeria-eligible striker inks new deal with Millwall after Watford, Southampton trials
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football