UWCL draw: Barca's Nigeria captain in line to face ex-club Arsenal, Obaze's HB Koge, HoffenheimPublished: September 13, 2021
The group stage draw for the 2021-2022 UEFA Women's Champions League took place on Monday afternoon, with three Nigeria-eligible players set to be involved in the competition.
Asisat Oshoala's Barcelona have been placed in Group C along with English club Arsenal, Danish champions HB Koge and German Frauen-Bundesliga side TSG Hoffenheim.
Nigeria captain Oshoala will be relishing the prospect of facing Arsenal, whom she represented for a year after joining from Liverpool.
HB Koge have in their ranks highly-rated Denmark U19 international of Nigerian descent, Isabella Bryld Obaze.
A defender by trade, Obaze made her Champions League debut against Sparta Prague on September 1, 2021.
Christy Ucheibe's Benfica have been drawn in a difficult group, with games coming up against European powerhouse Lyon and Bayern Munich. The Portuguese side will also face Swedish club BK Hacken in Group D.
Benfica saw off Maccabi Kiryat Gat, Racing FC Union Lëtzebuerg and Twente to qualify for the group stage with their Nigerian midfielder featuring in all the four matches.
The UEFA Women's Champions League group stage kicks off on October 5/6.
Photo Credit : fcbarcelona.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- EFL Cup wrap : Lookman, Iheanacho score; Carney features vs Chelsea; Arsenal's Balogun subbed in
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football