'Showed no Champions League level at all' - Super Eagle slammed after performance vs JuventusPublished: September 15, 2021
Super Eagles midfielder Innocent Bonke has been heavily criticized for his performance during Malmo's 3-0 defeat to Juventus in their opening game of the 2021-2022 Champions League group stage.
The Bianconeri totally dominated the midfield especially in the first half and were rewarded with goals from Alex Sandro, Paulo Dybala and Alvaro Morata.
An injury doubt before the game, Bonke passed a fitness test and logged 75 minutes before making way for Sebastian Nanasi.
The former Lillestrom star is coming in for criticism again after a shocking performance on his Super Eagles debut against Cape Verde on September 7.
TV 4 pundit Erik Hadzic did not mince his words as he assessed the performance of the Malmo number 20, noting that he is not a Champions League player.
"The match picture suited inner (right) midfielder Bonke Innocent as long as the Nigerian could use his strength in the tackle game," Hadzic said in his column for Fotbollskanalen.
"But with the ball at his feet, Innocent showed no Champions League level at all. However, MFF managed to stop the bleeding in the second half and established some kind of honor with the 0-3 result."
Bonke and Malmo head to Russia to face Zenit St Petersburg in their next game in the Champions League on September 29
Photo Credit : mff.se
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football