CSKA Moscow coach provides update on injury suffered by RPL best dribbler EjukePublished: September 27, 2021
CSKA Moscow manager Aleksey Berezutski has provided an update on the injury suffered by Chidera Ejuke during the closing minutes of his side's 2-0 win against FK Nizhny Novgorod on Monday evening.
The Nigeria international provided the assist for the opening goal scored by the Muscovites just past the half hour mark.
Nine minutes from time, Ejuke fell to the turf after suffering a leg injury near the penalty area as he was trying to beat a FK Nizhny Novgorod player.
Ejuke took off his boots and was able to walk off the pitch without the assistance of the medics.
Asked to rate the performance of the Super Eagles star and how serious the injury he sustained, Berezutski was quoted as saying by CSKA Moscow's official website : "As for the injury- as I understand it, his leg just came together. We'll find out in the near future, but I don't think he has anything serious.
"Yes, indeed, he began to make the right decisions more often. But not as often as we would like."
According to the statisticians at OPTA, Ejuke is the top dribbler in the Russian Premier League after nine rounds with 26 dribbles completed (including 4 today vs Nizhny Novgorod), at least five more than any other player in the league.
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr will be monitoring developments in Russia regarding the fitness of Ejuke as he is expected to announce his roster for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers in the coming days.
Photo Credit : pfc-cska.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk boss to make key decision on Onuachu after missing 3 of his last 4 spot-kicks
- Super Eagles target comes off bench to provide assist as Crystal Palace held by Arsenal
- Teenage Nigerian striker reacts after signing new deal with Chelsea
- Mane vs Salah : Ex-African POTY reveals the better of the two Liverpool stars
- 'He unsettled Maguire' - Former Fox hails Iheanacho for first half display vs Man Utd
- 'He's better than Lukaku' - West Ham legend makes bold claim about Napoli striker Osimhen
- Man City product, eligible for Nigeria & England, hints at switching allegiance to Germany
- Ex-Rangers boss reacts to reports Aribo could replace Chelsea-owned midfielder at Crystal Palace
- CSKA Moscow dazzler Ejuke named in Russian PL TOTW after completing nine dribbles
- Leicester star Ndidi makes prediction about Daka after striker's first Premier League goal
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football