CSKA Moscow coach provides update on injury suffered by RPL best dribbler EjukePublished: September 27, 2021
CSKA Moscow manager Aleksey Berezutski has provided an update on the injury suffered by Chidera Ejuke during the closing minutes of his side's 2-0 win against FK Nizhny Novgorod on Monday evening.
The Nigeria international provided the assist for the opening goal scored by the Muscovites just past the half hour mark.
Nine minutes from time, Ejuke fell to the turf after suffering a leg injury near the penalty area as he was trying to beat a FK Nizhny Novgorod player.
Ejuke took off his boots and was able to walk off the pitch without the assistance of the medics.
Asked to rate the performance of the Super Eagles star and how serious the injury he sustained, Berezutski was quoted as saying by CSKA Moscow's official website : "As for the injury- as I understand it, his leg just came together. We'll find out in the near future, but I don't think he has anything serious.
"Yes, indeed, he began to make the right decisions more often. But not as often as we would like."
According to the statisticians at OPTA, Ejuke is the top dribbler in the Russian Premier League after nine rounds with 26 dribbles completed (including 4 today vs Nizhny Novgorod), at least five more than any other player in the league.
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr will be monitoring developments in Russia regarding the fitness of Ejuke as he is expected to announce his roster for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers in the coming days.
Photo Credit : pfc-cska.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- 'Not impossible' - Agent admits Man Utd-linked Nigeria star could leave Napoli next summer
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football