Ejuke's injury was only a scare as Super Eagles star goes 90 for CSKA Moscow vs KrasnodarPublished: October 02, 2021
The injury suffered by Chidera Ejuke in the penultimate round of matches in the Russian Premier League was only a scare.
It would be recalled that the Nigeria international subbed out in the 82nd minute of CSKA Moscow's 2-0 win at FK Nizhny Novgorod on Monday after suffering a leg injury.
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr would breathe a sign of relief as Ejuke's injury was not as bad as it first appeared to be.
Three English Premier League players Wilfred Ndidi, Oghenekaro Etebo and Alex Iwobi have already withdrawn from the roster to face Central African Republic in the World Cup qualifiers due to injuries.
Ejuke was cleared to play against Krasnodar on Saturday evening and the fact that he lasted the distance means he is in good physical condition.
The crowd-pleaser was arguably the top performer in Nigeria's 2-1 win over Cape Verde in their second group match of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers and is a reliable candidate to replace the unavailable Iwobi in the starting XI based on his recent performances for club and country.
In ten outings for the Army Men in the current season, Ejuke has directly participated in four goals (2 goals, 2 assists).
Photo Credit : pfc-cska.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- Nigeria player ratings: Ajibade bright spark; Plumptre blows hot and cold; Oshoala, Chikwelu struggle
- Five observations from Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat to South Africa's Bayana Bayana
- WAFCON Nigeria 1 RSA 2 : Atletico Madrid star nets consolation goal for defending champions
- Celtic or Rangers? Analysis of which club would be a great fit for Super Eagles striker
- Super Eagles winger returns to German Bundesliga club RB Leipzig as planned
- Three reasons Everton may target Super Eagles star after Richarlison's Tottenham move
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football