Ejuke's injury was only a scare as Super Eagles star goes 90 for CSKA Moscow vs KrasnodarPublished: October 02, 2021
The injury suffered by Chidera Ejuke in the penultimate round of matches in the Russian Premier League was only a scare.
It would be recalled that the Nigeria international subbed out in the 82nd minute of CSKA Moscow's 2-0 win at FK Nizhny Novgorod on Monday after suffering a leg injury.
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr would breathe a sign of relief as Ejuke's injury was not as bad as it first appeared to be.
Three English Premier League players Wilfred Ndidi, Oghenekaro Etebo and Alex Iwobi have already withdrawn from the roster to face Central African Republic in the World Cup qualifiers due to injuries.
Ejuke was cleared to play against Krasnodar on Saturday evening and the fact that he lasted the distance means he is in good physical condition.
The crowd-pleaser was arguably the top performer in Nigeria's 2-1 win over Cape Verde in their second group match of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers and is a reliable candidate to replace the unavailable Iwobi in the starting XI based on his recent performances for club and country.
In ten outings for the Army Men in the current season, Ejuke has directly participated in four goals (2 goals, 2 assists).
Photo Credit : pfc-cska.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk boss to make key decision on Onuachu after missing 3 of his last 4 spot-kicks
- Super Eagles target comes off bench to provide assist as Crystal Palace held by Arsenal
- Teenage Nigerian striker reacts after signing new deal with Chelsea
- Mane vs Salah : Ex-African POTY reveals the better of the two Liverpool stars
- 'He unsettled Maguire' - Former Fox hails Iheanacho for first half display vs Man Utd
- 'He's better than Lukaku' - West Ham legend makes bold claim about Napoli striker Osimhen
- Man City product, eligible for Nigeria & England, hints at switching allegiance to Germany
- Ex-Rangers boss reacts to reports Aribo could replace Chelsea-owned midfielder at Crystal Palace
- CSKA Moscow dazzler Ejuke named in Russian PL TOTW after completing nine dribbles
- Leicester star Ndidi makes prediction about Daka after striker's first Premier League goal
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football