Man Utd, Chelsea, West Ham send scouts to watch Charlton vs Southampton B with Nigerian likely targetPublished: October 06, 2021
Charlton Athletic thrashed Southampton 4-1 in a Papa John's Trophy clash on Tuesday evening, with four youngsters of Nigerian descent on parade at the Valley.
While Oludare Olufunwa and Sheyi Ojo's cousin, Zuriel Otseh-Taiwo started for the Saints B team, Deji Elerewe and Diallang Jaiyesimi were named in Charlton Athletic's starting line-up.
The Addicks were cruising at halftime as Jayden Stockley bagged a brace before Ben Purrington struck in stoppage time to make it 3-0.
In the second half, Olly Lancashire reduced the deficit fifteen minutes from time but Jason Pearce headed home in the 92nd minute to restore the three-goal buffer.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Manchester United, Chelsea and West Ham United talent spotters were present at the Valley to run the rule over the exciting talents on both teams.
One of the aforementioned players of Nigerian descent who caught the eye during the EFL Trophy clash was Elerewe, a promising center back with five first team appearances under his belt in the new season.
The 18-year-old, a second-year scholar, was offered his first professional contract at Charlton last month.
Elerewe has yet to put pen to paper on the new deal and could leave the London club as a free agent in June 2022 if he is not convinced to extend his stay, but Charlton will demand compensation from his next club due to his age.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football