Chelsea and Tottenham academy products hail Balogun after first goal for Glasgow RangersPublished: October 22, 2021
Chelsea academy product Ola Aina and ex-Tottenham Hotspur youth teamer William Troost-Ekong have sent messages to Super Eagles teammate Leon Balogun after he opened his goalscoring account for Glasgow Rangers on Thursday night.
Balogun scored his first goal for the Super Eagles on October 10 in a 2022 World Cup qualifier against Central African Republic and eleven days later, the central defender followed that up by opening the scoring again in another 2-0 win.
From a set play worked to perfection, the former Brighton & Hove man wasn't picked up and he rose to head home a fine delivery from Tavernier in the 18th minute.
It was his first goal at club level since he got on the scoresheet against Crystal Palace while wearing the colours of the Seagulls in December 2018.
The injury suffered by Balogun around the midway point of the second half was the only blight to his brilliant performance.
Writing on Instagram on Friday morning, Balogun said : "Those European nights at Ibrox - 3pts, clean sheet & on the scoresheet".
Replying to Balogun's post, Aina said : "He can’t stop".
Troost-Ekong added : "Turning into a bagsman".
Balogun will be assessed by Rangers medics ahead of their Scottish Premiership clash against St. Mirren on Sunday, October 24.
Photo Credit : uefa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Watford boss reacts to Troost-Ekong's early Christmas present to Maddison and Leicester
- 'Chilwell highly missed' - Chelsea's Nigerian fans react to disappointing draw vs Man Utd
- Aribo reveals exactly what Rangers boss told the midfielders to do in win vs Livingston
- Dennis equals EPL record held by ex-Leeds, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal stars; Man United ace
- Super Eagles no. 10 on target in GvB's first league match in charge of Glasgow Rangers
- AFCON 2021 : Another concern for Super Eagles as first choice GK goes off injured vs Ajax
- Samson Tijani on his relationship with Salzburg starlets of Nigerian descent Okafor, Okoh, Adeyemi
- Middlesbrough, Swansea, Bournemouth gunning for Arsenal's Anglo-American-Nigerian whizkid
- 'Back to his best' - Chukwueze praised after scoring against Barcelona
- 'They had a great result vs Man Utd' - Ndidi anticipates tough match against Watford
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football