Rangers' Balogun, Spartak Moscow's Moses named in Europa League best elevenPublished: October 22, 2021
Glasgow Rangers' Leon Balogun and Spartak Moscow's Victor Moses have been recognized for their outstanding performance in the latest round of matches in the Europa League with football statistics website Whoscored naming the duo in its Best Eleven.
From a set play worked to perfection, the former Brighton & Hove man wasn't picked up and he rose to head home a fine delivery from Tavernier to open the scoring for the Light Blues in the 18th minute.
In addition to making the ceremonial Best XI, Balogun was the standout player on parade at Ibrox Stadium with a rating of 8.2, which is impressive considering that he was on the pitch for 64 minutes before going off injured.
In the Europa League Best XI, Balogun slotted in at central defence, partnering with Galatasaray's Marcão.
The Nigerian had one shot on target, won two aerial duels, completed 88.9 percent of his passes and did not concede a foul.
Defensively, he registered three tackles, three interceptions and one clearance while making one block.
Former Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses had two goal involvements as Spartak Moscow squandered a two-goal lead to lose 4-3 to Kelechi Iheanacho's Leicester City, providing the assists for the second and third goals scored by the Muscovites.
With a rating of 7.73, only Alexander Sobolev (8.26) rated higher than the number 8 in the Spartak Moscow team.
Moses registered two shots and two key passes, won one aerial duel, completed two take-ons, was fouled once and gave away three, while making two tackles and one clearance.
In a 4-4-2 formation, the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner was deployed on the right side of midfield.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Watford boss reacts to Troost-Ekong's early Christmas present to Maddison and Leicester
- 'Chilwell highly missed' - Chelsea's Nigerian fans react to disappointing draw vs Man Utd
- Aribo reveals exactly what Rangers boss told the midfielders to do in win vs Livingston
- Dennis equals EPL record held by ex-Leeds, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal stars; Man United ace
- Super Eagles no. 10 on target in GvB's first league match in charge of Glasgow Rangers
- AFCON 2021 : Another concern for Super Eagles as first choice GK goes off injured vs Ajax
- Samson Tijani on his relationship with Salzburg starlets of Nigerian descent Okafor, Okoh, Adeyemi
- Middlesbrough, Swansea, Bournemouth gunning for Arsenal's Anglo-American-Nigerian whizkid
- 'Back to his best' - Chukwueze praised after scoring against Barcelona
- 'They had a great result vs Man Utd' - Ndidi anticipates tough match against Watford
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football