Official : FC Midtjylland reward Nigerian midfielder with new long-term dealPublished: November 08, 2021
FC Midtjylland have rewarded promising Nigerian midfielder Raphael Onyedika with a new long-term contract following his first team breakthrough in the new season, writes the official website of the Danish Superliga side.
The FC Ebedei product has put pen to paper on a new deal that runs until 2026.
Prior to the start of this season, the 20-year-old had not featured in the Danish top-flight but has forced his way into the first team after the sale of Super Eagles midfielder Frank Onyeka to sister club Brentford.
Onyedika was recently named the Young Player of the Month for October in the Superliga.
In the first four months of the 2021-2022 season, he has appeared in 24 matches, missing only one game against Kjellerup IF in the third round of the Sydbank Pokalen.
Commenting on his new deal, Onyedika said to the club's official website : "It feels really good to sign a new contract in FC Midtjylland.
"I'm happy and proud of that, but most of all I'm grateful for the club and all that they have done for me in recent years.
"I would like to pay that back by helping the team in every match".
Onyedika scored his first goal in FC Midtjylland colours against Glasgow Celtic in the UEFA Champions League qualifiers and opened his Superliga account in a 3-1 win over Randers at the end of October.
Photo Credit : fcm.dk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Passport which expired in 2018 blocked Arsenal winger from making Flying Eagles' AFCON squad
- Tottenham Hotspur offer new deal to Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Flying Eagles coach names three foreign-based stars in 30-man provisional AFCON squad
- 'Two goals of exceptionally quality' - Reims coach hails 'incredible' on-loan Gunner Balogun
- Arteta promotes U15 player to Arsenal first team training, promising GK eligible for Nigeria
- Pundit omits Madueke as he names the new players likely to be included in Chelsea's UCL squad
- 'That was going in' - McFadden reacts to Forest striker Dennis nearly scoring v Man Utd
- Arsenal loanee Balogun steals the show with first career hat-trick against Lorient
- Zambia enough test for Flying Eagles ahead U20 AFCON - Former West Brom defender
- Danish club to pocket N0.8b from Genk's sale of Onuachu to Southampton
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football