Glasgow Rangers icon surprised to see Aribo taken off in defeat to HibernianPublished: November 22, 2021
Glasgow Rangers icon Kenny Miller was surprised to see Joe Aribo substituted in the second half of the 3-1 defeat to Hibernian in the semifinal of the Premier Sports Cup on Sunday evening.
In a 4-3-3 formation, the versatile Nigeria international was part of a three-man attack also containing Ryan Kent and
Rangers' interim management team of David McCallum, Brian Gilmour, Colin Stewart and Jermain Defoe opted to hook off Aribo on 69 minutes, bringing on a defensive midfielder Ryan Jack to replace the winger.
Right from kickoff, Aribo looked the most dangerous player for the Light Blues, winning a free-kick inside 25 seconds after he was upended by Hibernian captain Paul Hanlon.
The number 17 had a chance to pull a goal back in the 24th minute but his shot from a tight angle went over the top.
"I'm surprised at that, Joe Aribo going off for Ryan Jack. All that gives is more central midfielders rather than any more attacking influence with Aribo and Ryan Kent going off," Miller said on the BBC.
Of the 23 matches in all competitions Aribo has started for Rangers in 2021-2022, the Super Eagles star has played for ninety minutes on twelve occasions.
Photo Credit : rangers.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Irish-Nigerian teenager in the running for West Ham United Goal of the Month
- N21.8m Debt: Select/Emeks Sports slam Heartland FC with N100m lawsuit
- Two players of Nigerian descent named in latest SPFL Team of the Week
- Balogun has three Leagues in mind ahead of temporary departure from Arsenal
- Super Eagles star to reject new Rangers deal amid interest from Watford, Brentford, Palace
- Versatile Nigerian defender in advanced talks with Tottenham Hotspur over new deal
- Ex-African POTY defends Tuchel over decision not to start Chelsea's record acquisition
- Racing Genk chief backs Super Eagles striker to be a contender for the Golden Shoe
- Nigerian GK details how he joined Colchester after being on the radar of Norwich, AFC Wimbledon
- Iwobi makes cameo as Everton beat Arsenal in dramatic circumstances; Okonkwo benched
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football