'Back in training about 15 days' - Ex-Napoli orthopedist gives time scale on Osimhen's recoveryPublished: November 23, 2021
Former Napoli orthopedist Angelo Cavallo expects Victor Osimhen to resume training at Napoli within fifteen days but stressed that there is a possibility that the Nigeria international will not play his comeback game for the Naples club until after his participation at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.
Against Inter Milan on Sunday, the Nigeria international was replaced ten minutes into the second half by Andrea Petagna after suffering a terrible injury following a head-to-head collision with Nerazzurri defender Milan Skriniar.
Medical tests later confirmed that Osimhen has sustained a fractured eye socket and cheekbone.
Napoli have announced that their record acquisition returned to Naples on Monday evening and will be operated on today by Gianpaolo Tartaro, who will be assisted by Dr Raffaele Canonico, the head of the club's medical department.
"Osimhen's injury? The bones of the affected part are very fragile and the operation, which is not excessively invasive, is necessary because there was a displaced fracture.," Cavallo said on Radio Punto Nuovo on Monday, according to Area Napoli.
"Recovery times? training takes about 15 days, while, in order to face contrasts and collisions, at least 35-40 must pass".
Cavallo went on to say that Osimhen will be required to wear a protective mask when he returns to training and a return against AC Milan on game week eighteen is out of the question.
The respected and well-known specialist added : "It will be necessary to use the protective titanium mask, especially in the early days.
"Possibility for Milan-Napoli on December 19? It is almost impossible to see him on the pitch on that date.
"Considering that in January there is the Africa Cup it is likely that Victor Osimhen will return to Napoli in February ".
Osimhen was in fine form for Napoli before his latest injury, scoring nine goal in fourteen appearances across all competitions.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Irish-Nigerian teenager in the running for West Ham United Goal of the Month
- N21.8m Debt: Select/Emeks Sports slam Heartland FC with N100m lawsuit
- Two players of Nigerian descent named in latest SPFL Team of the Week
- Balogun has three Leagues in mind ahead of temporary departure from Arsenal
- Super Eagles star to reject new Rangers deal amid interest from Watford, Brentford, Palace
- Versatile Nigerian defender in advanced talks with Tottenham Hotspur over new deal
- Ex-African POTY defends Tuchel over decision not to start Chelsea's record acquisition
- Racing Genk chief backs Super Eagles striker to be a contender for the Golden Shoe
- Nigerian GK details how he joined Colchester after being on the radar of Norwich, AFC Wimbledon
- Iwobi makes cameo as Everton beat Arsenal in dramatic circumstances; Okonkwo benched
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football